1. Archon is a variant of the official Commander format by Wizards of the Coast. Archon games use the normal rules for the Commander variant as described in the Magic: The Gathering Comprehensive Rules under rule 903 with the following modifications.
2. An Archon game is a two-player game.
3. In an Archon game, each player’s starting life total is 20.
4. Archon games do not use the state-based action described in rule 704.5.v of the Comprehensive Rules, which causes a player to lose the game if they’ve been dealt 21 or more combat damage by a commander.
5. Archon decks are not subject to the deck construction rule 903.5a. Instead each deck must contain at least 100 cards, including its commander(s). In other words, the minimum deck size is 100 and there is no maximum deck size.
6. Archon uses a sideboard as described in Rule 100.4 of the Comprehensive Rules with the following modifications.
(a) You may only have up to one card in your sideboard if it is your Companion.
(b) This card may not enter the game unless it is through its Companion ability.
7. In a tournament, players must designate their primary commander(s) and are not allowed to designate other cards as their commanders(s) for the first game of each match. If decklists are used, the primary commander(s) should be highlighted. Players are, however, allowed to change their commander(s) at the beginning of every other game of a match. The new commander(s) must be chosen from the deck, be legal, and have the same color identity as the primary commander(s). Players may keep those cards face down as they’re chosen, but each player must clearly indicate which face-down card they are choosing